Terms and Conditions
Agreement between User and buyaboat:
Copyright of all content is owned by us and the use of images or copy needs our written consent.
Warranties, Liabilities and Indemnity
Warranties and Liabilities
We do not warrant that the services provided by the Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that the software and services will be free from external intruders (hackers), virus or worm attack, denial of service attack, or other persons having unauthorised access to the services or systems, the software is hosted with. By using our software you do so at your sole risk. We do not warrant the sale of your advertised marine product and do not guarantee any number of the Website visitors or enquiries by the Website visitors for any individual marine ad, advertising banner or web page displaying particular products or services. Our liability due to service disruption is limited to the amount paid by you for advertising services subscribed to.
Modifications of Terms & Conditions
To the full extent permitted by law, all rights, remedies, conditions, guarantees and implied and express warranties in respect of any goods or services provided by us are HEREBY EXCLUDED. None of the Website and their hosting provider, its directors, employees, partners or suppliers will be liable to you or any third party for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind; including loss of use, data or profits, on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of or the inability to use the software, websites and services; any information that is sent or received or not sent or received; any failure to store or loss of data, files or other content.
We reserve the right to modify the Terms & Conditions under which the Website and its advertising software is offered to all users. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the variations.
We respect the privacy of our subscribers and visitors and therefore have adopted the following guidelines and rules.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email, personal interests and any other information provided. If you access any of our services through a social network site such as Facebook, we will collect limited information provided to us by that social network site, such as user name, site ID and email address.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on our Website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses. You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources including, but not limited to:
- registering to use our Website or parts of them;
- subscribing to receive Email Alerts and filling in forms, applications (e.g. insurance or fianance), surveys or research, participating in promotions and competitions on the Website or websites of our service providers;
- contacting us or our service providers for any reason including, but not limited to, reporting a problem with the Website, requesting further services or seeking our assistance;
We use this information for the following purposes
More specifically, the Website may use personal information which it has collected to:
- ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide a better or more relevant service or product to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the Website when you make online enquiries;
- personalise and customise your services, experience, advertising and content that you view and engage with on the Website or the websites of our service providers and business partners;
- respond to or provide you with service, products, information and assistance that you request from the Website;
- contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or the Website;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- help carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our products and services.
If all or part of this information is not provided, we may not be able to provide these services.
Using and disclosing your personal information for marketing
- use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services (including advertising) on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
- You can opt out of off-site and third-party-informed advertising by adjusting your cookie settings. Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of our Website, and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on our Website. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/
How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, service providers or business partners. We may also disclose your personal information:
- to private sellers, insurance agencies, finance companies and advertisers that have listings or advertising on our Website and which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry;
- to our service providers and other third parties, so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them, or to help us to provide you with our products or services. If you have subscribed to a service through the operating system on your mobile device (including, but not limited to Google’s “Google Now” service), we will disclose information such as your search history to Google. You can opt out of us providing such information to Google through the operating system on your mobile device;
- relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information we collect. We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Correction and access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date, any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, you can contact us. You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
Removal from the Email Newsletter system for 'New Listings and Price Reductions' is the user's responsibility, an automated unsubscribe-facility is provided on the Email Alert email received by the user.
The Website is not responsible for the privacy policies of external web sites to which the Website may link.
All content for marine ads is published as provided by the vendors. We accept no responsibility for errors, omissions or misrepresentations and eventual consequenses or damages of any kind thereof.
Notification of errors or misrepresentations should be directed to [email protected] and will act according to our Terms & Conditions - Content Limitations.
We are not responsible for content of external websites accessed by links from the Website. Services provided by third parties via the Website are beyond our control and we take no responsibility for their services.
The Website endeavours to present genuine and truthful information and supports visitors' requests for correct advertising.